Are you as excited about the 2019 Color of the Year, as I am? Pantone has released it’s 2019 Color of the Year and I’m in LOVE. Today I’ll be taking a look at ways to incorporate this gorgeous pop of color into YOUR home, without overdoing it! Let’s go!
Hey everyone, welcome back! I’m Lindsay, with the Wise Move AZ Team at RealtyONE Group. If you want to stay up to date on all things Anthem and Real Estate then you’re definitely going to want to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Pro Tip: You’re also going to want to hit the little bell icon so that you’re the first to know when our new videos are posted every single Thursday!
Are you thinking about redecorating? Or maybe you saw Pantone’s 2019 Color of the Year and you’re wondering ‘how can I incorporate this exciting pop of color into my own home?’
Either way, as your Anthem, Arizona REALTORS®, my team and I often find ourselves assisting with staging and preparing homes for sale. When staging we strive to give a home broad appeal which often means making the home more neutral, but we always try to incorporate some trendy décor and a pop of color. So, needless to say we when we saw the 2019 Color of the Year we couldn’t wait to start incorporating it into our listings!
At the end of this post, I will also share a list of 10 home décor pieces under $30 in the 2019 Color of the Year, that you can incorporate into your home today! So stick with me (or scroll to the bottom).
So what is the 2019 Color of the Year?! Drum roll please….
Pantone describes the color as “An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge”.
Coral has ALWAYS been one of my favorite colors. In fact, I have SO much coral colored clothing that I almost couldn’t decide what to wear for this video. #Embarrassed! When I was little my grandma told me that there were two colors that the majority of people looked good wearing and those colors were coral and teal! Funnily enough in my time as a REALTOR®, I have also learned that these are two colors that the camera absolutely LOVES when we get photos of our listings. Coral really pops off the screen and always adds such a happy and bright vibe to a home.
The awesome thing about this living coral color is that it pairs well with both dark and light colors. Coral and navy look gorgeous together, as do coral and white, or coral and beige. So, no matter what you currently have in your home, there is an excellent chance you could incorporate it, without having to make any other changes or having it clash with your existing décor.
Now, as much as I am completely in love with this color, I am not going to run out to the store and buy everything I can find in coral, nor am I going to use it in every single room of my house. That would be OVERWHELMING! So, here are my 5 ideas for incorporating the BEAUTIFUL 2019 color of the year, living coral, into your home, without overdoing it:
- At the Dinner Table: Consider buying, or making, some coral place mats and napkins. These items paired with some crisp white dishes and maybe some gold accents are sure to make your table POP. With this bright, sunny color on your table, it might just feel like barbecue season all year long.
- In the Living Room: Take a look around your living room, what do you have? The living room has awesome opportunities to incorporate a pop of color. You could consider coral colored throw pillows, finding a coffee table book with a coral on its cover, or even getting a coral colored candle. Remember you always want to use an odd number of items when decorating, for example 3 candles rather than 2, as it is more aesthetically pleasing.
- In the Bedroom: What color is your bedding and furniture? Would it lend itself to a coral colored accent? Unfortunately for me my bedspread is red linen so there isn’t much potential for me to incorporate coral in there, but if your linens are a color that lends itself well to pairing with coral you could consider a coral colored throw blanket draped over the end of the bed or a chair. You could also consider coral accented throw pillows or a bouquet of faux or fresh coral colored flowers. We have some gorgeous coral colored bougainvillea here in Arizona.
- In the Bathroom: Bathrooms often lend themselves to incorporating pops of trendy colors as they tend to be very neutral to begin with. In the bathroom you could consider coral accented hand towels, or simply purchasing a coral colored soap and lotion set to put on the counter.
- Outside: Oftentimes our outdoor décor gets overlooked but there are plenty of opportunities to incorporate living coral out there too! For an inexpensive option you could paint some terracotta pots with coral accents and plant some fresh flowers or greenery in them. Also, you could consider getting a coral colored beverage tray or outdoor serving dishes. Can’t you just picture it with a nice cold pitcher of lemonade on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Okay maybe not right now, but in the summer, it would be PERFECT.
Now I want to hear your ideas! What are you going to do to incorporate the 2019 color of the year into your home?
As I mentioned at the start of this video, I have compiled a list of 10 Coral Colored Home Décor Pieces Under $30 that you could order, for your home, today. If you’re interested in grabbing a copy, simply click here!
See YOU, next Thursday!